The Spitfire's Grill
Regular Rants from a Pragmatic Liberal
Saturday, April 02, 2005
 
Darfur
I wanted to start this blog off on a serious topic on which almost all of us can reach some sort of consensus. Darfur is a hellish place, where the sectarian violence is recognized in pretty much every place, except maybe by the Sudanese government itself.

I could go on and on about it, but in truth I'm no expert. So it is better that I point you to some bloggers that are, indeed, more knowledgeable than I:

The Coalition for Darfur is a bi-partisan website operated by Feddie of Southern Appeal and Eugene Oregon of Demagogue.

Hopefully bloggers can raise the awareness of what is going on in Darfur. If bloggers can raise it only slightly, if bloggers can speed up the actions of the UN, US, Europe, and the rest of the world only so much as a day, or hour, then it will literally save hundreds, if not thousands, of lives.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger