The Spitfire's Grill
Regular Rants from a Pragmatic Liberal
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
 
More Thoughts on Bolton
Powerline gives a decent version of the recent Bolton developments.

I agree with Hinderaker that the Dems have had a fairly dubious method of assaulting Bolton. I was watching Norm Coleman speak during the confirmation hearing and he made the point that most of the people who testified had never known Bolton for more than a couple minutes, one witness merely had a three minute conversation with the man.

While that brings doubt upon their testimony, as Hinderaker points out, it does lead credence to the notion that Bolton can somehow piss someone off so much in a three minute period that the person will spend days fighting against him.

Ultimately I don't know of any other way that Dems could approach this issue. It is kind of an ends justify the means sort of approach, which I don't like, but I don't see an alternative.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger