The Spitfire's Grill
Regular Rants from a Pragmatic Liberal
Sunday, April 17, 2005
 
NRA Annual Meeting
So I'm watching the NRA's Annual Convention on C-SPAN. Good Stuff. I'm all for a good deal of gun rights. But these people go a little far. For example, the 20 x 100 ft banner that was behind the stage read "The Second Amendment: America's First Freedom". I got kind of a chuckle out of this. Cause last time I checked, not only is the First Amendment (with its FIVE freedoms) placed in front of the Second, its placed there for a reason. Fine, I can deal with that.

Then they talked about how W will be one of the greatest Presidents of all time. Again, silly, but predictable.

Now the Incoming President of the NRA is railing against Judges. Yes, yes, judges. I can't seem to find a transcript, but she asked the crowd how great it would be if the Supreme Court were filled with lots of justices like Scalia and Thomas. That's freakin scary. And oh yeah, they managed to rip on George Soros too..."The Second Amendment safeguards our Bill of Rights. And the Bill of Rights safeguards our Constitution."

UPDATE: Of course DeLay came and spoke...


<< Home

Powered by Blogger